Thursday, September 17, 2009

" BLACK EYES "

" BLACK EYES "
In 1945 I was a 9-year-old child. One day all the students were studying in their classes. Suddenly an air-raid arlarm sound Personal Disaster.
Immediately teachers and students went out to the trench.
At that time there were two Japanese air planes bombarding two French gunboats. They landed along the Mekong River. This time the Japanese soldiers came too to my born city. Everybody from my hometown stored their property , and then we fled to the countryside far from my house. The Japanese soldiers pursued us. Two days afterwards we came to some vacant houses beside the road. There was a trench. We got inside it. Suddenly, unexpectedly, there were a lot of footsteps, and they stopped in front of out trench. Many black eyes looked at us, and they called all people inside coming out. They arrested my father and my two older brothers. After that time they put them in jail, and they robbed us of all our personal property. We suffered a lot in those disastrous days.
Since then, my terrifying experience with those black eyes has follwed me and from time to time it causes me great stress. I can never forget those terrible black eyes. My mind holds the horror of our experience in memory until this time even now.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry such a terrible thing happened to you and your family. Let us hope such things someday will end.

    ReplyDelete